Saturday, January 19, 2008
There's this 10 yr-old boy in my class, he can't read and spell. At all. He barely even knows the letters A to Z.
Take half an hour to teach him to pronounce "CAT", and you'd still get "DEK" at the end of the day. Serious.

He seemed like a lost case, but I didn't want to give up on him. I did all I could to help him. I put in that extra extra care and attention today, made him sit next to me and went through each question with extra extra patience. And that paid off. He finally recognized the words The, My, She, He, Is, Are, A, It. Oh the joy! After years of education, he now knows eight words! Now my only hope is that he'll remember those words next week!

I'll update more on my lil 5 yr-olds next time. Am now too tired and happy...

Labels:

1 Comments:
Blogger Joce said...
che che.. i donno how to read or talk also.. i only know how to type on keyboard.. come teach me liao..

eXTReMe Tracker